Lim Kheng Aik is currently in the process of completing his Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Chemistry under the National University of Singapore (NUS). He majored in Applied Chemistry because he would like an insight into both the academic and industrial aspects of Chemistry, a subject he has loved since High School.
As such, he participated in the NUS Professional Placement Programme for a 6-month internship with Lonza Singapore Pte. Ltd., a petrochemical plant that was in Jurong Island, and decided to pursue an Honours Year Project in Organic Synthesis for his final year in NUS. Both had satisfied his drive of curiosity and pursuit of a diversified experience.
Being a part of Science Computer-Based Learning Centre (CBLC), he was able to expand his computer knowledge and enhance his troubleshooting skills. In addition, he further polished his communication skills with various types of personalities while doing customer service and learned to be calmer, friendlier, and empathizing when dealing with people.
He also placed a great emphasis in learning, and has a special interest in the English Language since young. This has led to his love of books and stories, on a wide variety of ideas and topics. Furthermore, he enjoyed getting together with friends for social outings, and health sessions such as badminton and hiking.
As such, he participated in the NUS Professional Placement Programme for a 6-month internship with Lonza Singapore Pte. Ltd., a petrochemical plant that was in Jurong Island, and decided to pursue an Honours Year Project in Organic Synthesis for his final year in NUS. Both had satisfied his drive of curiosity and pursuit of a diversified experience.
Being a part of Science Computer-Based Learning Centre (CBLC), he was able to expand his computer knowledge and enhance his troubleshooting skills. In addition, he further polished his communication skills with various types of personalities while doing customer service and learned to be calmer, friendlier, and empathizing when dealing with people.
He also placed a great emphasis in learning, and has a special interest in the English Language since young. This has led to his love of books and stories, on a wide variety of ideas and topics. Furthermore, he enjoyed getting together with friends for social outings, and health sessions such as badminton and hiking.
EDIT: Hmm, I am not sure there is any picture I could put up? :(
EDIT2: Corrected the verb tense. Thanks, Brad! :)

7 comments:
Hi Kheng Aik, it is easy to infer from your biodata that you possess a great love for Chemistry and academia, which I’ve found very impressive! You have effectively used your work experiences to highlight the skills you’ve acquired well. However, I do find the emphasis on work and study takes the spotlight away from your personality. Would you like to draw more attention to that so we can find out more about you? Just a suggestion!
Hi Kheng Aik
Your biodata gives an introduction to your academic back ground, in a comprehensible manner. However I feel its also good to have some views of your personality and state your vision..
Good luck..
Hi Kheng Aik,
Your biodata is very comprehensive about your academic background and your interest. But may be you can give us a slightly more in depth description about your personal thoughts during your attachment that has inspired you to purse your current research project?
An interesting Biodata written in a third person point of view!
Kheng Aik, I think you can put up your personal photo. Don't be shy, lah!
And I agree with all the rest who commented, perhaps you can talk about yourself as a person, your philosophy in life, what you believe in. I think that will make it more interesting. Then again, I guess this style reflects your seriousness towards work, which is really an image I have of you (I don't know why haha).
Ya.. can tell you're rather 'Jiak Kang Tang' (eat potato?? : chinese only know how to speak english; I'm not too sure whether my meaning is correct but somewhere along the line, Hee). Based on how I see you write, I guess your English language is really not too bad!
From what I know about you, you can be also quite lame and out-of-point sometimes. Maybe you should put that in your biodata as well? Haha.
Glad to know you anyhow. Enjoy talking to you in class! See ya!
Thanks, Kheng Aik, for the clear, concise post. The first three paragraphs here are very suitable for a job bio, the last one less so. The 3rd person singular description works well.
One grammar item:
"... has a special interest in the English Language from young."
What's the problem here? (Hint: verb tense!)
Haha, thanks for your comments, everyone. The simple truth is that biodata comes in various forms, as I have concluded from my research through the net. I think most of you are suggesting a more personal-based approach on biodata, while the one Brad was talking about is a work-oriented one? Anyway, I'll be taking your suggestions into due considerations in making my biodata. Thanks again.
@Wei Chung: Good point. Picture might be coming soon. :)
Post a Comment